Friday, September 3, 2010

When Did She Grow Up. . .

This morning Hannah wakes up, an this is our conversation:

Hannah: "Daddy, I'm hungry"
Daddy: "Okay, what do you want to eat?"
Hannah: "Ummm, I want chop chop. . ." (chop chop = pork chops)
Daddy: "We don't have any more baby. . ., what else do you want?"
Hannah: "Steak?"
Daddy: "We don't have that either. . , What else?"
Hannah: "Chicken?"
Daddy: "Hannah, that's dinner food.  We need to eat breakfast stuff. . ."
Hannah: "Okay, fine you tell me what we have to eat!"
I had no comment :{

So what also happened this morning to make me question, "When did she grow up?" This is our other conversation:

Hannah: "Daddy I need to go potty.  On the big girl potty."
Daddy: "Okay lets go."
Hannah: "Daddy where's your glasses?" "You can't see. . ."
Daddy: "Oh, they're on the table in my glasses box. . ."
Hannah: "But you need them to see."

So I made circles with my thumb an index finger an put them on my eyes while she wasn't looking.  I said, "There now I can see you, see I got my glasses."

Hannah: "Ugh! dad why are you so weird????"

Again I had no comment. . .  So I ask myself when making her cinnamon french toast for breakfast, "When did she grow up?" 



Hannah curling her hair. . .







Geesh. . . is it getting to the point where daddy is going to be to embarrassing to be around? Or is she too old to give me hugs an kisses?
I don't know but if she gets there any time soon. . . I will be sure to start the embarrassing parenting early for her. . .

Sometimes I want her to go back to these days. . .

One of the many faces of Hannah. . .













But no matter what she'll always be my little baby girl. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment